Saturday, February 23, 2008

11 Days Post Op

And 11 lbs lost! It would have taken me months to lose 11 lbs before surgery. The pain is only very mild now and on the left side, and the gas pains are pretty much gone. I only get them occasionally after eating or drinking. I saw the surgeon on Thursday and he said everything looks good and to continue with soft foods for now until I go back for my one month visit. Some things I can have are yogurt, sugar free puddings, cheeses, eggs, cream of wheat, oatmeal, tuna with low fat mayo, chicken cooked really moist with gravy and canned fruits and veggies. And of course my protein drinks and sugar free liquids.
I'm feeling pretty good now. I'm feeling more positive than I have in a long time. For a change it finally seems like I can lose this weight and be the old me again.

And a little rant about the cops...
Hubby got 2 tickets in the mail yesterday for our accident. WHAT! One was reckless driving??? And the other improper lane change. This one really has me stumped, the only "lane change" we did was when we where bounced from northbound across the southbound lanes. Please someone tell me how to do that "properly". And what's with the reckless driving, the only cause of the accident was ice on the road. When hubby pointed out where we hit the ice the cop sent the plow guy (who had also pulled over) right over to plow that area. And the next day when we called the police station to find out where the car had been towed they said that unless we knew the exact point of the accident they couldn't tell us, since there were so many accidents on that road that day there were too many to go through to find our paperwork. So please tell me...how is this our fault? I'd really like to know if they gave everyone who had an accident that day a ticket. UGH! We'll be fighting this one.

No comments: