Sunday, February 3, 2008

Not as bad as I thought....

So yesterday (Sat) we took my Brownie troop ice skating. Only 4 out of 10 girls came and the moms (and one dad). We had tons of fun and for most of the girls it was their first time. They all did terrific. It was my 3rd time ever in my life on the ice. Once when I was 12, once last year with hubby and the older 2 kids and yesterday.
Now I'm probably about 30 lbs heavier than last year so I figured I be dying on the ice and that today I'd be sore as anything. Well it turns out that I'm not sore at all from skating and I being on the ice wasn't too bad.
I am sore, however, from the lovely spill I took. Now picture my big ole' butt heading toward where my daughter and 2 other girls are. One girl slid into where my daughter and another were standing holding hands. I go to reach out to keep them from falling and *bam* take a nasty fall myself. All you heard was *whack* as I fell onto my well padded bottom (still hurt even with all the padding!). What hurt worse was the fact that as I fell I put my elbow down and it drove right into the ice. My arm went totally numb and my fingers started tingling. Now up to this point I'd been doing great. We had a total of 1 hr 45 min to be on the ice. Wouldn't you know it, this happened 1 hr and 40 min after we got there. That's my life! So now the feeling starts coming back, and I'm wishing for numbness again. It is hurting like hell. At this point it's time to get the girls out of their skates and head home. As we're driving the hour and a half back I'm contemplating going to urgent care, but decide against it. I figure I'll go today if I wake up still in pain.
Well, I wake up this morning not thinking of my arm and as I go to roll out of bed lean right on that elbow...*wham* I see stars. The good news is that it seems to just be that I badly bruised it and as long as I don't touch it or lean on it I'm ok. My ego on the other hand....well, you can imagine :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for adding my stamp to your blog. I added your blog to my list of friends with blogs. :-)

Good luck with your surgery. I hope it goes smoothly. Weight loss is such a hard road to travel. I use to weigh inat 323lbs. I didn't go the route that you are, but thank goodness those days are gone!

Best wishes!

Christie