Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's prep. day

Tomorrow is the big day. Wish me luck and a speedy recovery! Any and all prayers are also welcomed and appreciated!
So...today is prep day. This is stomach surgery after all so I do need to be "cleaned out". I'll just leave it at that and allow you to imagine how my day is going.
And clear liquids only today. Right now I'm just feeling pretty tired, think maybe I'll try to take a nap in a bit. The kids stayed at my MIL's house last night and DH is over there picking them up now so it's really quiet here...except for the fiercely howling wind outside.
We didn't make it to the party last night, we got hit with more snow right at the time we would have been driving. It normally would have been an hour and a half drive (including 25 miles on I80) but I'm sure with the snow it would have been at least 2 hrs to get there. I actually had to try to explain how it logically did not make sense for us to go to hubby. Though in the end he finally did agree that it probably wasn't the best idea to drive that far in a snow storm, especially just to go to the party for someone he only works with and I don't even know.
Tomorrow I'll be leaving my house at 6am to get to the hospital by 7. I'll be back home sometime on Wednesday and will post an update on how it went when I'm feeling up to it. Right now I'm cold so I'm going to go make a mug of hot chicken broth to warm me up...yum!
*See* you on the other side of surgery!

No comments: