Thursday, February 7, 2008

High Anxiety

The closer it gets to Monday the higher my anxiety level is getting. Everything is making me twitchy and irritable right now. I feel like I'm going to freak out at any moment. And I swear the kids can sense this (especially "the ferocious beast" aka: Christopher) and feed off it to see exactly how far they can push mommy before I really do go insane. *ummmmm* (Can anyone say "mommy needs yoga time!")

And my husband chooses this Sat of all nights to decide that we need to go out. He wants to go to a 50th birthday party for some guy at work. Not even one I've ever heard him talk about before. So he goes and arranges for his parents to take the kids sat overnight. Great, but they are an hour and a half away. So we have to go drop off the kids there in NY, go to the party in NJ from 6-11pm then come home to PA. Then Sunday go back to NY to get the kids. Not really what I want to be doing this weekend. He says "but we never go anywhere". Well, do you think maybe you could've asked your parents to take the kids some other weekend, um...I don't know...any other weekend up til now??? Then we could have had a *date night*. Men!

No comments: