Saturday, February 16, 2008

Recovering

So I'm home now and 5 days post-op. I've had mostly terrible gas pains and some mild pain in my stomach area. This morning I woke up with more severe pain in my left side. The doctors said this was to be expected, so I knew it was coming. It's the area the camera was inserted through the abdominal wall, which is now sutured closed. I have a fairly high tolerance for pain so I'm not taking anything for it, just dealing with it.
This morning I'm having "thin" cream of wheat hot cereal for breakfast. This is my most solid food since last Sunday and it tastes good! I'm starting to feel foggy minded from lack of anything real to eat. Next week I can add a few things to my diet...
cottage cheese, cheese sticks, canned chicken with gravy on it. Anything really soft that I can tolerate. At one month post-op I can start adding more real foods like chicken, non-starchy veggies, some fruits, etc.
Right now I'm thinking a lot about food. I'm hoping it's only because of how long it's been since I've had real food and that as soon as I am able to eat real foods again that I'm not thinking so much about what I can no longer have.
And just to torture me some more, I've been surrounded by Girl Scout cookies all week. I started with close to a thousand boxes in my house (my whole Brownie troop's order) and am down to just a few hundred finally.

No comments: