Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I snapped!

Yesterday we had to do our taxes, which we went to an H&R Block set up at Wal-Mart to do. Well I was there I figured I pick up a few things we needed since we were almost out of the kids snacks, milk, bread, etc. Well there I ran into my friend who had the surgery last summer. I told her mine is on Monday and she was telling me to be prepared to feel crappy for the first two weeks. After that I'd start feeling better. Ok, no problem. I knew it wasn't going to be a walk in the park.
Then I get to the grocery section and start realizing in just a few days I won't be able to have some of my favorite goodies anymore. Next thing I know I've got cookies, chips and ice cream in my cart. Up til now I've been pretty good at cutting out the junk in preparation for surgery and after.
At the checkout I got a king size Snicker bar, and for lunch and then again last night ate a bunch of chocolate chip cookies. The good news is hubby and my littlest helped me eat them so there's not much left to get into today. I'm not too big on chips so there not calling my name, at the time I grabbed them I think I wanted them just because I knew I wasn't going to be having them again anytime soon. The ice cream now is a different story. More likely than not that pint of Ben & Jerry's (my biggest addiction) will be gone by the time I go to bed tonight. But I have no plans to go back to any stores between now and Monday so I will not be getting anymore junk.
I did get all of my after surgery stuff already so I'm all set with that.

No comments: