Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's really real!

Yesterday I went down to the hospital for my pre-admission testing. While I was sitting there with the nurse it hit me, this is really happening. Up until now I've been excited but pretty much just going through the motions of what needed to be done in order to be approved for the surgery. Well now that I've been approved and it's less than a week away it's really hitting me. I'm excited but also anxious. It's going to be a huge change in my life afterward. I worry if I'll be able to make the changes needed in order to stay healthy during the weight loss period and afterward. And also once I get to goal if I'll be strong enough to stay there. I feel fairly confident that I can, but there is still that apprehension in the back of my mind that comes with any new experience. I've got plans set and have been filling the house with after surgery "foods" (more like liquids) and getting protein drinks. And after the doctor okays me I plan on joining a local gym. So I do have plans, as long as I stick to them all should go fairly smoothly!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I have had several former coworkers that had this done (back when I had a life in the outside world, lol!) and also my cousin had it done as well. They all had positive experiences, but do stress the importance of keeping healthy, following the doctors orders, and getting emotional support. It is a huge lifestyle change in a rather short amount of time, so make sure you nurture yourself, physically, as well as emotionally. Girl, I am soooooooo excited for you! I will keep you in my prayers, and I look forward to following your journey through your own words. You know where to find me if you need a friend to lean on, vent or share with! Lots of love to you and your family, my friend! ~Jenn